Softball ACT has successfully completed our 2020 AGM!
The main outcomes this year:
- SACT reported an operating loss of $123k, based around the impact of the 2019/20 bushfires and early COVID-19 impacts – without this impact we were tracking nicely towards another excellent year;
- We have shelved plans for any increase in fees this year, ensuring that our competition fees remain unchanged in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic to enable our members the best chance of participating in the 2020/21 season;
- We released our 2020-2023 Strategic Plan;
- We bade farewell to Nigel Woodward (2 years) and Robert Medlicott (1 year) as Directors;
- We welcomed back returning Directors Frank Curcio (President) and Jo Cantle (Treasurer);
- We welcomed Marc Wilkinson as a new Director with the organisation, and are excited by the enthusiasm that he is already bringing to the sport;
At the Board Meeting immediately following the AGM, the Softball ACT Board welcomed back Sam Irvine as an Appointed Director, and are very excited to welcome Peter Chamberlain as an additional Appointed Director to assist our sport to grow to our potential once more. Both Appointed Director roles are for a term of one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
The Board is also pleased to announce that Robert Medlicott will retain an involvement with the sport as an advisor to the Board on High Performance and Governance.
The Softball ACT Board for 2020/21 is:
- Frank Curcio (President)
- Jo Cantle (Treasurer)
- Sophie Brian
- Peter Chamberlain (appointed)
- Julie Cooke
- Sam Irvine (appointed)
- Tracey Liddle
- Deb Sayers
- Marc Wilkinson