Board Extract – August 3rd 2017
As a result of the meeting held Thursday 3 August 2017 at Hawker, the Board would like to make the following announcements to the members of Softball ACT (SACT).
- General Manager Jon Wells will finish up with SACT on the 21st August 2017. The Board would like to offer their appreciation and thanks to Jon for the significant work that he has undertaken for SACT during his tenure.
- The Board has appointed Ben Kirk to the new role of Chief Executive Officer of SACT to the role as of 1 August 2017. Jon is helping Ben with a handover during the next few weeks.
- Nominations close today for coaching positions for all SACT Nationals sides.
- QLD has withdrawn their nomination to host the U17 Nationals, with Softball Australia running a process to determine the new location.
- The SKINS tournament has been moved to 17-19 November 2017 due to the Pacific Schools Games played over the normal time.
- Members may have noticed the concrete water storage tanks at Hawker have some minor leaks in them. This is a result of a sealant not bonding correctly, and is currently being rectified by the manufacturer under warranty at no cost to SACT.
- Planning will shortly begin for a pre-season working bee to ensure Hawker is prepared for the upcoming season; date to be advised.
- The Board is pleased to announce a partnership with The Tradies Group has been confirmed for the 2017/18 financial year.
- SACT is in the process of finalising the fee structure for this season, and will look to promote this structure as soon as possible.
- There will be an “Early Bird” fee payment option that offers a discount to fees if paid prior to Wednesday 4 October (full payment required). More information to be provided shortly.