SOFTBALL ACCREDITATIONS – FREE TO TEACHERS
Softball ACT is conducting free softball accreditation to Teachers wanting to develop their professional development as a part of the Sporting Schools Program.
Accreditation options available are:
Level 1 Softball Coach
Level 1 Softball Scorer
Level 1 Softball Umpire
These will be run at Hawker International Softball Centre (north side) and Mawson Playing Fields (south side) and run by experienced softball community members. Dates will be finalised for Terms 1 & 2 once we have requests confirmed.
All Sporting Schools and junior Programs are run in alignment with the Australian Physical Health & Education Curriculum through Softball Batter Up. This is a free resource and a part of your endorsement as a Sporting Schools Softball deliverer.
There are opportunities for schools to participate in the following:
- Internal Sporting Schools Programs – Teacher Delivery
- External Sporting Schools Programs – Coach delivery
- Come and Try sessions at local club
- Specialised clinics for players
- Gala Days – local and interstate
- Inter-school competition
- Schools Teams in local association competition
Funding from the Sporting Schools Grant can be utilised for:
- Softball specific equipment
- General equipment i.e. Bean Bags, Cones, Hoola Hoops etc.
- Transport and Facility hire to conduct programs
- Teacher PD (which we are offering at no cost for face-to-face)
- Supervision costs of teachers outside of school hours for external sessions
For more information on Sporting Schools visit: Softball Australia Sporting Schools website
To register for the accreditation clinics fill out this FORM.