Softball ACT are pleased to announce the appointment of Kyira Cox as the State Operations Manager under the One Softball staffing structure.
Cox has worked professionally in the sport industry for nearly 20 years and has armed herself with a well-rounded understanding of sport, business, and the passion required to drive a positive experience for everyone involved. Previous roles have been with the AIS, the Australian Sports Commission, Softball NSW and the Australian College of Physical Education.
Cox’s softball experience speaks for itself as one of Australia’s most respected Softball Umpires who has also been appointed by the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) to officiate at the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Having been heavily involved in softball since a young age, Cox has experience in nearly all aspects of the game including playing, coaching and of course officiating.
Softball Australia Chief Executive Officer David Pryles said the recruitment of Kyira is significant for the sport in the nation’s capital.
“We’re really excited to welcome someone of Kyira’s calibre into the organisation,” said Pryles.
“As State Operations Manager, Kyira brings a wealth of knowledge from the AIS and ASC, and from nearly every aspect of our game which is going to be invaluable to the role.
“Following the recent appointment of Justin (Zelones) in Victoria, we’re really going to start gathering momentum and see some measurable results under the One Softball model.”
Under One Softball the sport will improve by;
- Growing the sport and addressing the long-term membership challenge;
- Ensuring long-term financial sustainability;
- Ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach to the experience of everyone involved in softball;
- Delivering improved services to Members, Clubs, Associations and the wider Softball community by building capability and capacity at all levels of the sport, and;
- Increasing revenue through the pooling of all commercial assets from States and the National body resulting in increased attractiveness to commercial partners for marketing and brand building purposes.